Marcon Logística Portuária

Automaker based in Rio Grande do Sul starts exporting vehicles through the Port of Paranaguá

The Port of Paranaguá was chosen by GM – Chevrolet for shipments of vehicles produced in Rio Grande do Sul. In 2022, 2,372 vehicles of the brand were exported by Paranaguá and, for this month of January alone, another 1,350 are already confirmed.

The operational advantages of the port in Paraná motivated the change of route. According to the main port operator of vehicles in the State, the company Marcon, Paranaguá has attracted the market by offering differentiated conditions in the operation of Ro-Ro ships (rolling loads).

“We were able to ship a large quantity in a short time and with a very low rate of damage. This makes the Port of Paranaguá more attractive, even if road freight is more expensive on this route change”, says Patrick Ferreira Tavares, manager of Marcon.

VEHICLES – Of the 82,065 cars that passed through the Port of Paranaguá in 2022, 57,359 were exported. Boarding represents almost 70% of the total handled by the segment. The other 30% are landing: 24,706 cars.

In exports, the main movements are from Renault and, since last year, from GM. In terms of imports, the main automakers arriving in Paraná are Audi and Volkswagen.

Last year, Renault exported 49,382 vehicles and imported another 587. Audi imported 4,595 cars. From Volkswagen, 19,524 were imported and 5,876 were exported. From GM, 2,372 were exported.

The main destinations for cars exported through the Port of Paranaguá were Mexico, Colombia and Uruguay. The main origins of imports are Argentina, Hungary, Mexico and Germany.

“In addition to the news from GM, in 2022, from Volkswagen, for example, we had vehicle models exported here that were previously shipped from other Brazilian ports”, says the Marcon representative.

 

Source: Portos do Paraná

b
}

01.30.2023

Em Destaque

Relacionados

Ports of Paraná exceed 65 million tons handled in 2023

Portos do Paraná broke a new handling record in 2023, surpassing the 65 million ton mark. The CEO of Portos made the announcement of the historical record this Thursday (08) do Paraná, Luiz Fernando Garcia, and the Secretary of State for Infrastructure and Logistics,...

Quer saber mais?

Entre em Contato

Siga a Marcon

Mercado & Novidades

Últimas Notícias

Feb 26 2024

ESG and sustainability are the focuses of Portos do Paraná at the 28th Intermodal

The search for a sustainable agenda also includes actions at the event stand itself Between March 5th and 7th, Portos do Paraná will participate in...
Feb 19 2024

Brazil-China trade starts 2024 with strong increases in exports and imports

Trade between Brazil and China began the year marked by a significant increase of 53.7% in Brazilian exports, which totaled US$ 7.769 billion,...
Feb 14 2024

Ports of Paraná exceed 65 million tons handled in 2023

Portos do Paraná broke a new handling record in 2023, surpassing the 65 million ton mark. The CEO of Portos made the announcement of the historical...
Feb 07 2024

With support from India, exports of cane sugar yielded 21% to the people of Paraná in 2023

Paraná's sugar producers had a good year in 2023. In terms of values, exports of the product grew by 21%, even though the volume destined abroad...
Jan 16 2024

Exports from Paraná grow 13.7% in 2023, better performance in the South and Southeast

With revenue of US$25.2 billion from sales to other countries in 2023, Paraná established a new annual export record. The value is 13.7% higher than...
Jan 02 2024

Mapa coordinates Brazil’s participation in 15 international food and beverage fairs in 2023

The Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (Mapa) coordinated, in 2023, Brazil's participation in 15 international food and beverage fairs. The...
Dec 26 2023

National Transport Confederation highlights growth of Portos do Paraná

The National Transport Confederation launched the 3rd volume of the Brazilian Cargo Terminals - Port Gateways series and highlighted in the...
Dec 18 2023

Paraná ports break historical record with 60 million tons in 2023

Portos do Paraná announced this Tuesday (12) a historic milestone: the public company registered more than 60 million tons handled in 2023, the...
Dec 11 2023

Ports of Paraná holds second panel at COP28

Portos do Paraná participated this Wednesday (06), in the second panel of the Conference on Climate Change (COP28), in Dubai, in the United Arab...
Dec 04 2023

In 10 months, Ports of Paraná records 15% growth in export movements

Operational strategies were essential to meet the large market demand and export more than 35 million tons through Paraná ports From January to...

Quem acredita na Marcon

Nossos Clientes